To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Saturday 19 February 2022

Royale Studio 01e - Another Topless Sailor in the rigging


 This image appeared on the cover of Man Alive No 22 in 1963. It's credited to Hussar Studio on the inside cover, they were an associate of Royale Studio who seemed to do less contoversial imagery. This is pure beefcake with just a hint of Royale bulge. I haven't identified the model yet, he isn't named in the magazine as far as I can see.

See also 'Fighting in the Rigging' for date info.

I've added this to the Royale 'Sailors In The Rigging' set at the mitchmen Royale Studio Open Archive.

2 comments:

speedoric said...

Never seen this one before,a new find with secure dating too

Mitchell said...

Yes, it was a surprise to me too!