- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Mike Carcel (2010) 8095
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Malex (2010) 5031
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Franco (2009) 5008
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Jotto (2009) 4881
- Priapus of Milet - 1 (2012) 4013
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Martin of Holland (2010) 2396
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Heredia (2009) 2136
- Vintage Bondage Blog (2012) 1946
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Mahoney (2010) 1927
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Matt (2010) 1774
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Manflesh (2010) 1683
- More medical male bondage at mitchmen (2008) 1652
- Mitchells' A-Z of Fetish Artists - Platter (2012) 1598
- Mitchell's A-Z of Fetish Artists - Michael Mitchell (2010) 1554
- A mention of Josman (2009) 1510
- My initiation (2012) 1454
- Mitchell's - A-Z of Fetish Artists - Klaus von Brandenburg (2009) 1409
- Heavy Bondage (2012) 1386
- Bound Guys (2009) 1333
- A Tribute To Bound Gods (2011) 1327
Monday, 30 December 2013
Most Popular 'mitchmen' Posts of All Time (2013)
According to my Blogger view stats, these are the 20 most viewed posts on this blog.
Again, this is for entertainment only, I don't know how valid or complete the figures really are and obviously posts from early years have an advantage.
No 2013 posts made the cut but there are 5 from 2012.
'531' by Mike Carcel
Click on the list entries below to link to the original articles
Please tell me if you have difficulty with any links
The prevalance of A-Z posts stands out, in fact all the entries are about artists except for six which contain good bondage imagery. You could therefore read this as a crude measure of different artists popularity. The next three artists outside the top 20 are Leo 1257, Neil Bruce 1249 and Marc 1216.
The winner (if that's the right term) is Mike Carcel which may surprise some of you, but he's been chalking up visits continuously and is in the top ten in most months, usually near or at the top. The follow up article on him which I posted this year featured in the top 10 for 2013 (see previous post). I suspect this popularity may reflect the difficulty web users have in finding his work which falls fair and square in the 'difficult' category. Mike posts regularly on the net but it's usually in membership groups which are closed to search engines. His showing in this survey is testimony to his popularity in fetish art circles.
Other controversial, difficult-to-find artists also feature prominently - Malex, Martin of Holland, Mahoney and Heredia. All but three of the artists on the list (Malex, Matt and Martin of Holland) are still alive and releasing new material, which creates interest in their work. The absence of Etienne (with 723 for his top scoring article), probably reflects this and the volume of his work available elsewhere, he would certainly figure in my top 20 artists!
The other phenomenal performance in this table is Priapus of Milet which was posted just over a year ago and is rapidly closing on the top 4. Another post about this artist just missed the cut at 21 (1293). His work has made an amazing impact in a very short space of time.
It's less surprising to see Franco near the top and commercial big hitters like Matt, Michael Mitchell and Sean Platter, but I am disappointed that Kalabro (1013) doesn't figure in the list alongside Jotto, his co-worker. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see some talented 'amateurs' mixing with the skilled commercial artists, proving that erotic content is king for fetish fans.
Artists from T onwards (e.g. Tom of Finland) of course have not yet appeared in the A-Z series and I have yet to cover many prominent computer centred artists like Baron and Ulf. This list is strictly confined by my article selection process but the sequence does not necessarily reflect my preferences.
To see previous results click on the MPP label below