To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Mitchell's Gay Art for June



An audacious rescue attempt by a US Soldier in the steamy jungle.
He's making himself a tempting target in those sexy shorts!

I love those skimpy khaki shorts US personnel use off-duty,
  strictly speaking I'm probably misusing them in this situation.
(Comments and corrections are welcome!)

This image is tentatively pencilled in for my long-lost series "The Lost Patrol"
There are other fragments at this blog:   Captured GI, Shipping Out, Luke in the Can
('After the Storm' is a contender too)

You will see that the men in this Patrol are blessed with splendid physiques and a variety of unusual uniforms. I published a few other pictures from the series at the mitchmen Yahoo! site when it still had a photo archive, but haven't yet transferred them to the new archive at Adonis Male because I'm still deciding whether to finish the story or just keep adding new images. It looks like I'm starting to make that decision with this post!

This entire story group is of course related to my youthful obsession (recently revived) with soldiers as they are depicted in war comic imagery. This image (like Devil's Work) is one of the more interesting fruits of that idiosyncratic obsession. I suppose you'd call it 'fan art' these days and this particular image could easily morph into a superhero intervention with sexy tights if I was inclined that way.

In fact this image is closely based on the Gate-Crashing image included in my last War Comic post - Flirting With The Enemy. I've completely redrawn the hero soldier to make him sexier, but kept his original pose (and boot!). I copied the original bamboo stockade in it's entirety to enhance my figure sketch. The bamboo posts are not without phallic connections of course, those in the right foreground could be interestingly mirrored just to the left of the soldier's boot but I'll leave that to your imaginations!

'After the Storm' uses the same technique of enhancing my image with another artist's background, sadly I can't credit those contributors because I don't know their names.

For other pictures by Mitchell at this blog, click on the 'mitchpix' label below
Visit the Gallery Hub for the full mitchmen archive links

No comments: