To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups has been on a break since January, I hope to resume shortly. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 5th May 2024

Thursday 25 January 2024

Vintage Bondage - Fred Halstead



Bondage humilation. The subject has been made to crawl on his knees with arms restrained behind so it's hard to keep his balance. The sheer simplicity of the restraint adds to his embarrassment. It produces a 'beautifully bound' moment, but the bondage is incidental, the beauty lies in the lines of the man's body and the projection of his helplessness.

In recent years BreederFuckers have refined this this trial into an embarrassing game, where the subject must collect discs off the floor with magnets clipped to his tits and dick. They employ restraint that is more comprehensive which produces (sexy) awkwardness rather than arty poses.
 

1


It all started with a hunky Military Policeman.
No muscle head, but full of attitude.
His uniform and job fuel his arrogance.


2

Such men, are so confident in their strength and power,
that they are quite likely to undress for money.
Surrendering the protective trappings of rank and authority,
merely reveals their innate masculinity, they think.


3

They believe that flaunting their trouser snake will embarrass any lustful observers
or lure them onto the cruel rocks of implacable straightness.


4

They have no fear of size comparisons either.
Having never been put to that test by a man.
It's always seemed big enough to themselves 
and the women they have bedded haven't complained.


;
5
He dropped his pants readily for me
being totally ignorant of the attractions of his backside.
He's aware I might have designs on it
but is confident I wouldn't dare, 
and that he can easily manage that risk.


6

He doesn't feel vulnerable at all.
He's more interested in what his cock wants
and it's beginning to want attention.



7

Ripping open his own vest shows how strong and muscular he is.
He doesn't imagine someone else doing that to him.



8

An irresistible package when unwrapped, he imagines.
To others it looks like he's longing to be taken.





Back in his military shirt again, 
he was more than willing to play to my greedy camera
And with his testosterone visibly raging I sprang my surprise.
"How's about a sequence of shots with you tied up?" I suggested



That stopped him dead in his tracks.
Like he'd never heard of stuff like that.
Yeah, right!

Of course it would change the balance of power.




"Like this?" he said, simulating restraint admirably for me.

"Yeah, that looks great", I said "but for real and without the shirt"



He took off his shirt readilyly enough, but then he stopped.
I guess he suddenly felt more vulnerable without it
"Nah, I dunno about that" he said thoughtfully

But I could see he was tempted by the idea
- and just a tad excited by it.

"How about I just tie your hands?" I suggested
"and add a hundred to the fee".




I can tie hands together very quickly - and very securely, I might add,
After that it was simplicity itself  to add a couple of embellishments.

As I tied his elbows together I explained:
"These pull your arms back, it makes your chest bigger"
He seemed to like that. I do love male vanity!

Ropes round the neck are always tricky, they bring home 
the darker possibilities when you are bound, totally helpless
and alone with another man.

"It  maintains good posture" I assured him, and he grudgingly accepted that. 
That was his military training helping me, I guess.
You just have to be bossy with them.

He didn't even seem to notice when I tightened that little connector
that lifted his hands up clear of his cute little ass.




He strained against them a little, hoping to find some reassuring looseness.
"You've tied them real tight" he admitted with a new respect in his eyes.

"Actually" I told him "That combo is totally immobilising".
It was a challenge and a threat and he got that, I could tell.

"Now, get down on your knees, Soldier" I said sharply.



 He looked at me in amazement "You kidding me?" he drawled.
I repeated the order and nudged the back of his knee for emphasis.
Down he went. Like I said, you just have to be bossy with them.
He didn't like it, but I thought he looked great like that, 
not liking it, I mean.




Realisation was setting in now - and a bit of manly panic.
but he was far too proud to show that to me - so he thought.

He started straining again, 
but the ropes gave him the same answer.

Meanwhile I just happily snapped away.
And then I made him crawl.



The shoot was hotting up in more ways than one 
and he said he wanted a drink.

I just pointed at the dog bowl of water 
I'd put it at the side of the posing area, on the floor.
Said I wasn't going to feed him.

Tied up like that, it was quite hard for him to stand up 
and the water was on the floor, 
so the easiest way to get to it was to crawl.

~

And that was how I got the bondage picture of a lifetime. Unfortunately my roll of film ran out at that point and by the time I'd reloaded the moment had passed, so I didn't get any pictures of him lapping water from a dog bowl with his bare ass up in the air. 

We did carry on after that and I'd like to show you more pictures from that steamy shoot, but in the end my trickery backfired on me. A leopard doesn't change his spots and, by the time I'd subjected him to another hour of intimate close ups, he was livid and in the end I had to untie him of course. 

In retrospect I should have got someone else to do it and made myself scarce - or just left him with a knife to free himself. Anyway he got me then. That was OK, I can defend myself. Unfortunately, he pretty much wrecked the studio and ran off with my expensive camera and the film inside it. 
I gotta admit that pained me more than the bruises he gave me. 

It taught me a lesson. The next time I did it, I planned the end-game more carefully. But I did have one last laugh on my Military Cop, because he didn't get his extra fee. He didn't realise I'd changed the film mid shoot either. The first roll was still safe in my pocket when he stormed out. 
Enjoy!

~


The star of this piece, Fred Halsted was something of a legend in the US gay leather community back in the seventies. But he wasn't so well known in the UK where press freedom was still being contested by reactionaries and people were still being jailed simply for indulging in consensual, but real S&M. In that climate, publications like Drummer didn't really make it across the water, and to some extent the era remains shrouded in mystery. These images appeared in 'Action Male', a publication (ca 1978) which presented a number of famous bondage sessions including Jack Wrangler, Hal Paul and 'My Initiation' star Clay Hughes. The photographer, I believe, was Jim-Ed

For more vintage bondage articles at mitchmen click on the label below.

1 comment:

JamTheCat said...

I remember seeing this when I was living in San Antonio and attending college. Still in the closet. It electrified me.