To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Royale Studios 17 - Two Mysteries Solved - Part 3

As an aside, the Catalogue labelling system used by Royale Studios was sometimes based on the model's names (for example EAM = Earl Maynard) and sometimes based on the title of the 'storyette' (e.g. NAGA = Navy Gash). I suspect this one, 'EX2 FJSS', is a combination of the two.

The sailor who took my fancy in this set appears in another Royale Studio catalogue as 'JOS', he is shown in the same uniform and posed with the drum, see below.


Royale Studio - JOS - John Skilling?

This is another great 'shorts' picture, showing off the model's trim physique very well. I only wish I could lay hands on a decent copy of it! Cross-referencing the catalogue ID to other pictures in my collection I believe the model's name is John Skilling.The other model in this series is a Royale stalwart, Fred Collins 'FRC' in the picture below



Fred seems to be one of those models who get bigger as they undress, no wonder Royal wanted him to shoehorn his backside into their shorts and other gear! These two must have been great together. So it looks as if the FJ in FJSS comes from the model names. I'll talk about the 'SS' bit in my next post, it leads my little investigation off in another direction altogether! 

For earlier articles in this series click on the GIU/Royale label below

No comments: