To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Saturday 10 September 2011

Mitchells A-Z of Fetish Artists - My Favourite 'O'

It is my custom to select a favourite for each letter based on the criteria of Sensuality of style, Fetish Content and Artistic Technique. There are really only four contenders here with a relavant 'body of work', namely Okawa, Olaf, Osamu and Osze. It's one of the less difficult choices for me.

Olaf and Okawa are tops for technique, but I prefer Okawa's less photographic style. For fetish content you can take your pick from Okawa, Osamu and Osze. Osze's dark story lines get a special mention here. But for sensuality of style, Okawa for me is a clear winner with a very 'restrained' and attractive style.

Overall my choice has to be Okawa.

Okawa - Tethered Young Captive

This final example speaks for itself, a glorious evocation of a young male, well muscled with silky skin. I love the fuzzy treatment of his hair contrasting to the firm solidity of the flesh. His arms are tightly bound to his body in an intricate but asthetically pleasing harness and the coarse hairyness of the rope is superbly captured. Tethered to a tree and exposed to the elements, he wearily awaits his captor's wishes.

Okawa is one of the 'Greats' of gay fetish art.

For more articles in this series click on the A-Z label below.

No comments: