To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Saturday 28 June 2008

Mitchell's A to Z of Male Fetish Artists - The Letter 'D'

Picking my favourite 'D' is easier than 'A' - 'C' were. Sensuality in the figure imagery is a key ingredient for me and the more artistic styles of Domino and De Bauch - though great to look at - don't work for me in this respect. Dante is tops for fetish content but though I normally love this pencil drawing style for some reason I don't connect with his men. The mechanics of the torture seem to take over the drawings. De Souza's pictures give me ideas for my own pictures but are a bit static and his middle aged men are perhaps a bit too normal in appearance. That leaves Drubskin who does achieve a degree of sensuality within the constraints of a cartoon but more importantly presents a physical and emotional interaction between two men. So Drubskin joins Amir, Brick and Chris as 'group winners'.

No comments: